This test rig has two types of loading methods to study dynamic behavior. The first method uses a static bogie to transfer the dynamic force produced by a hydraulic system. The second method uses a hydraulic system to exert force on the rail. There are six types of track structures equipped in this system, including ballast track, twin-block ballastless track, ballastless tracks of CRTS-I, CRTS-II and CRTS-III, and floating slab track. The total length of the track is 72 m and each track consists of many sensors that are mounted to record the dynamic behavior of the vehicle such as acceleration, displacement, velocity, strain, force, and so on.
● Supply excitation to the track exterior
● Simulate dynamic force interactions between the wheel and rail
● Study fatigue strength, durability and dynamic characteristics of the track structure
● Simulate track vibrations to study dynamic performance of tracks
● Study the durability of track-subgrade system
● Study the transfer characteristics between wheels and rails on different track systems
● Study lateral displacements of rails under dynamic forces
● Simulate load application on special bogies
● Study the dynamic interaction between bogie and track
● Measure loading charts of journal boxes
Main technical parameters:
● Maximum vertical load: 1,000 KN.
● Maximum vertical excitation displacement: 100 mm.
● Maximum excitation frequency: 30 Hz.